Monday, January 5, 2009

What's the best advice you have ever gotten?

This was a question from one of Carmi's beading friends I thought it was worth a post. By my mentioning my kids so often you must think I like them. I'm guilty. If I could choose between doing my house work and watching cartoons or other crap with my kids I would. So it stands to reason that advice in that regard would be something I would have heeded. When my first baby was born I was bombarded with advice from every woman who had ever had a baby and crossed my path. I think the one that sticks in my mind the most is "enjoy them now, because they grow up so fast." I did and do enjoy my kids. But, I always thought I would actually get to relax and enjoy them as well. Well they've grown up, and they don't really want to go to the movies with their mom. They'd rather have a date with them. They don't really want to go shopping with me, they'd rather go with their friends. They don't really want to go on vacation with me either, they want to do the white water rapid thing, instead. They always complained that I made them learn things even on vacation, limited as they were. So Aren't I glad I did what I could afford with them when they still wanted me.

1 comment:

Irene said...

What nobody got good advice?

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.