Saturday, November 18, 2017

Saturday Snapshot... tea cup

This is a teacup my aunt Julia gave me,  it's very gold.  When we were very young, my sisters and brother and I, all went to Polish School.  We took a bus to a, not so nice, part of town and learned to read and write our mother tongue with a little History and Geography thrown in.  Sometimes if I went early I'd stop in to see my aunt.  She always had "store bought" cookies, my mother baked, and cubed sugar.    One time when I went she had boughten herself these teacups.  I so admired them, some years later, she gave me two.  I'm thinking now that I may have to downsize, seriously and while I love this little cup, I'm sure one day soon it will be in a box for a donation to someplace, so I've decided to paint a picture of it and put it into my "memoir" photo album.  I don't even really have a nice photo of my aunt.  I'll have to hit up my cousin, for one.  I have thought of having a teacup fundraiser, and that way the proceeds could go to a worthy source.  Just thinking, of someplace special to give my special tea cup.

6 comments:

Vicki said...

It's very beautiful!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Hey Irene...It's been a while!.Just thinking maybe if the cousin has the rest of the set she might like to have them back? They are pretty, but I well understand how the need to release things just seems a good idea lately.

Irene said...

I don't think it was a set, just a couple of tea cups.

Jenny said...

It's very beautiful, dear Irene. I hope whomever ends up with it, will use it and love it as you have done. Happy Thanksgiving (although I know yours was a few weeks ago). xoxo

Beth Niquette said...

What a lovely teacup and saucer. I have an entire collection. It was my Beloved husband's Mother's collection, which has been added to over the years.

I was thinking about your comment about the people who came here on the Mayflower and the first Thanksgiving. My relative was Stephen Hopkins. He was the liaison between the first settlers and the Native American peoples. He fostered a good relationship between them. The settlers would not have made it through the winter without the help of the native peoples.

Later on there were other settlers who came, who were not respectful or thankful toward the American Indians. Those stories are indeed sad. <3 <3

Beth Niquette said...

Hello, my Friend! How are you doing? Haven't heard from you in a long time. You are missed. <3

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.