Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Teaser Tuesday...Victoria Line, Central Line

I've been in a reading slump.  I swore in this 150th celebration of Canadian confederacy I would only read Canadian authors.  And I have. Don't get me wrong, they've been excellent reads, but now that I'm scared to nearly death, with Linwood Barclay,  and totally afraid to go downtown with Anthony De Salva.  All of these things too close to home. So I need a little comfort read right now so, I reached for Maeve.

It was very odd that they should live in Seven Sisters, Pat thought for the hundredth time.  It seemed too much of a coincidence that anyone who was giving a wife-swapping party, with uninhibited fun and carefree swinging for sophisticated couples, should just happen to live in a place with the group name of Seven Sisters.



 Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Ambrosia of The Purple Booker

5 comments:

Vicki said...

Yep, that's quite different than a the other two books you mentioned! I hope you enjoy it.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Sounds like you've been reading up a storm. Maybe a little less scary and a little more easy should be your next book.

Jenny said...

Oh my, dear Irene, from the excerpt, that book looks like a barn-burner! Maeve is quite the dark horse, it would seem. I checked out a book from the library about a month ago. I renewed it once and finally returned it. I just cannot concentrate. Perhaps it's all these weddings in the offing. xoxo

Nise' said...

Maeve is the perfect choice when you need a comfort read. Hope this helps with the reading slump.

Jenny said...

I left a nice comment, Dear Irene! Where is it ....

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.