Monday, July 1, 2013

Luca & Lilly's wedding...

On Sunday, of last week, my friend Anna and I decorated a tent and did flower arrangements, in preparation for her son's wedding. This was to host the rehearsal party and the brunch served on the day of the wedding, before the ceremony. I took pictures so we could remember NEVER to do this again. The guys put up the tent, forgetting to put the cross bar in at the top, so a little wind picked up and... we started all over again, did I mention it was 30Cdegrees.
tables set for rehearsal dinner
tricks to keep the bugs off stuff
all about the hair do
no corner left un adorned
the brunch set-up
centre piece for brunch
a spot for the family bible
the cookie table
the parlour
the mother of the groom and the groom
delicious confetti candy


the dinner venue overlooking Innes Lake


We worried about rain the whole week, and in the end we had a lovely sunny day.  I didn't get a picture of the bride and groom together, not sure what happened to my camera.  Batteries probably.




8 comments:

Jenny said...

Good heavens, what you did was simply spectacular, dear Irene. The flowers, the tables ... I particularly love the roses underneath the stems with bows affixed. So simple and elegant. The tent was stunning ... a chandelier!!!! So gorgeous. Congratulations to Luca and Lilly on their marriage and to you and your lovely friend for pulling it off with such panache.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

the setting is so beautiful. loved all the preparation. Sad as you are not to get to see a picture of the bride. you have the same bad luck I have no doubt.

bermudaonion said...

What a gorgeous venue!!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

You ate such a good friend. Its looks beautiful despite the little snafus:)

Donna said...

You did a great job with those bouquets! Yes, you need a reminder not to do this much work again, LOL.

Erica (Irene) said...

Love the venue....it's the Ambassador in Caledon. I LOVE that venue, hopefully one day my daughter will have her wedding there. I've been there a few times already for weddings.
Nice job with the decorations at the home...very nice. Glad it turned out to be a nice day.

Vicki said...

What a beautiful job you did!! And I love that lake view!

Parabolic Muse said...

Okay, can we talk?
These photos are wonderful. I LOVE what you guys did with that tent! Never do it again!!
I hope the ceremony was as beautiful as the venue. Otherwise, next time just go decorate and leave. In fact, take the bunny and leave it there, too.

Is this wrong?

Great photo of the mom and groom.

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.