Sunday, April 17, 2011

Palm Sunday thoughts...

One of my favourite poems often comes to mind today... 
The Donkey

When fishes flew and forests walked
And figs grew upon thorn,
Some moment when the moon was blood
Then surely I was born.

With monstrous head and sickening cry
And ears like errant wings,
The devil's walking parody
On all four-footed things.

The tattered outlaw of the earth,
Of ancient crooked will;
Starve, scourge, deride me: I am dumb,
I keep my secret still.

Fools! For I also had my hour;
One far fierce hour and sweet:
There was a shout about my ears,
And palms before my feet.

Author Unknown.

2 comments:

Alan said...

How about G. K Chesterton ?

Jenners said...

I loved this. Thanks for sharing. It had such a neat vibe to it.

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.