Sunday, November 22, 2009

1st Holiday book read


Join one of the original magi, Ramates, on an uncharted journey of revelation this Christmas. What begins as this hunter-priest's darkest day turns into a remarkable quest to discover the transforming truth of an ancient prophecy.

Ramates is compelled to follow a new luminary he has discovered in the night sky. He knows the ancient prophecies. He has heard of the Promised One. He must see for himself.

Daniel Gilbert combines ancient history, detailed astronomy, prophecy, and legend in this imaginative tale of one of the original magi and his life-changing meeting with the new child king.

This was a short but interesting read. I'm not very familiar with the traditions and ways of life of the peoples in the book, so it was just a glimpse, but a pleasant story.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

I just started a big read last week that I got from the library. Going to keep me busy through the holidays I think but I'll have to make note of your reads for next year.

Anonymous said...

Sounds interesting. I'll have to add it to my December list, maybe for next year.

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.