Friday, November 7, 2008

Thyme is on my side, yes it is...

Don't you just want to sing when you hear that phrase. Well, I'm in the garden at long last today, we had a little slice of spring in Ontario this week, and I thought I would let my neighbor have a good winter, so I cleaned up. I was almost out of steam when I got round to clearing an clipping around the pond. I just love the look of leaves on the ground, it's so Canadian. But, I can't leave them on the ground or they blow around and end up in the pond, then the pond scum in the spring is brutal. So reluctantly I raked. I might add that my husband was playing on the computer, and I mean playing majong or solitaire. Oh no that brings another song to mind. Anyway, as I was racking and trying not to think of my aching back, I smelled something wonderful. I guess the scratching action of the rake triggered my thyme. I've had so little time to spend in my garden this year, I really enjoyed this little treat. I think I'll be planting much more. I only have an area of about 4 x12 so far. At one point my plan was to replace my lawn. I may think about it again. I lost my patience last year when it wasn't spreading a quickly as I had wanted it to. But there is always next spring. Now on the topic of my husband if he keeps playing solitaire... Well he didn't play for long, I pulled the cord, and took his laptop to the shed, so if he wanted to connect, good luck.

I might add that when we were putting up the shed, (piece of crap that it is) I suggested an electrical outlet, (my husband fancies himself an electrician wantabe), he sort of flipped I'm sure he would have appreciated it with the laptop out there in Roosters Retreat (the shed)

No comments:

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.