Monday, September 29, 2008

What kind of a sandwich are you?

In one of the e newsletters I receive the editor/creator of the newsletter also sends out journal prompts. I found this one particularly interesting. We were discussing being a member of the sandwich generation. You know those of us who are still parenting children at home and increasingly parenting our parents. It worries us, it is constantly on our minds. I'm sure we were not anticipating making the sacrifices we are now making. We rely on our siblings and anyone who is willing for support, but even that becomes not enough. Some days I would like to have a crystal ball just to know how it will all play out. Perhaps I can find a gypsy with a spare. GUILT is a huge issue. You feel bad sitting down to talk with someone or have a evening out, because you should be checking on your parent. And if you don't feel guilty someone will point out that you should. By the time things get settled will we feel like living ourselves, will we have the energy or health? As I write this I feel selfish. What the answer is I don't know. There just seems to be an overwhelming amount of questions.

1 comment:

Leslie Jane Moran said...

I think I'm probably a grilled cheese right now!

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.