Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunday Morning Thoughts


I've just finished reading my favorite blogs, and can't help feeling like I need to crochet something. Where would I get the time? I guess I'll have to make it. Years ago, I use to knit on a machine, but since I didn't have girls and my boys were big, I gave my machine away always knowing my mother had a better one that I could borrow and use. I think I might. My sister Donna is a beautiful knitter and even though my boys have long outgrown her designs I still have them, I might hang them up in "the home" just so I could see them and remember how Daniel was always so cold until he put on one of those sweaters. He still wraps himself up in the sitchi when he is sick. It's still absolutely perfect. Leslie knits beautifully, and Mrs. Wilson too. I've always needed to know how to do that. I think I embroider o.k. and I'll always be grateful to one of my mothers clients for teaching me to cross stitch it was a little Uki but I can adapt. I still have a breakfast cloth that Hanika Banika embroidered it's in Slovak but that's o.k. too. I've actually framed the crocheting Pani Dubiel, and Kim Coculuzzi did, makes it quite contemporary. I would still love one of those flowery crochet pieces that Pani Dubiel did, so I could have a beautiful tree ornament. I'll have to keep my eyes open at my mom's since I think she's chucked just about everything. I hope someday someone else will appreciate these things when my boys are selling them at a garage sale.

No comments:

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.