Sunday, June 29, 2008

And they lived happily ever after...

Well I did warn you that June was a month filled with celebrations. So I'll bet you're expecting yet another Happy column. Gotchja that's the end of our fun times for at least a week. Today is Jane and Michaels first anniversary. Jane is the daughter of my friend Leslie and her husband Larry. I remember only too well the preparations and the wonderful ideas Leslie had for the wedding. She is so creative. Everything down to flowers chosen had special meaning. She had a outstanding floral designer, who made a wicked Mojito. Her guest book design should be in some "Somerset issue. " I was so jealous that I didn't have a daughter. Just so I could plan things like this. I'll be the evil "MOTHER-IN-LAW" someday. Even the native blockade did not impede this special occasion. My friend Janice says the more things go wrong for your wedding day the better your life together will be. She was trying to cheer me up, when my niece was getting married and we had the blackout. Well the couples got married the day was magical and they are living happily ever after.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You won't be the evil mother-in-law...you will just be protective of your boys...that's the job of being a parent. its very difficult to let go. You always want the best for your kids and are so use to having them in your house, so that when they leave the nest to get married, or just move away, anxiety kicks in. A mother always wants a exceptional gal for his son, and rightfully so. Sometimes I think moms feel somewhat replaced or a bit of competition when their son has another lady in their life. A son will NEVER forget his mom and what she has done, and they will ALWAYS make time for her. A decent daughter-in-law will always keep that mother and son relationship in tact.
AP

Anonymous said...

Oh, Irenka, AP is hooked on your daily news! Good for you...if AP is hooked, just think of everyone else that is hooked too! AMS

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.