Friday, May 30, 2008

Oh my aching bones

When we were growing up my mother always could predict the weather, according to her aching bones. I don't remember if she was right. She also said that it would rain if all the cows in the fields were lying down. Again, I don't remember, nor do I think we ever really documented those predictions. As an adult I always thing there is a scientific reason for everything, including the cows lying down, maybe they are just tired of giving milk. I always felt quite exhausted after nursing. But lately, as I progress through the half century club, I'm starting to say those things to my kids. You know how you start to sound like your parents. Well today, even though I thought I was quite active, I could have predicted the rain. Or ... is my thumb aching because of have embossing metal. Metal embossing requires the use of you thumb for an extensive period of time. Are my feet aching because I have walked more than 6 k. Who knows? But my bones are aching today, and it just happens to be raining. Don't you just hate it when your moms are always right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't hate when my mom is right...it just makes me realize how much she has gone through and how much she knows. My mom and I think a lot the same and have similar chraracter, so when we bicker, its because we both want the same thing and be the one to do it. I have always been told I look like my mom, and that use to bother me, but did it really bother me? I don't think it did...I don't see the resemblance in looks but I can see resemblance in character. My mother in law said to me just the other day, that I am very similar in nature to my mom...and that made me happy, because being like my mom is not a bad thing at all. So mom, if you are reading this, please know that I am sorry if I ever made you feel bad about people saying we look alike or act similar, because I would be honoured and blessed for either. I love you! Andrea P

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.