Thursday, May 29, 2008

In celebration of friends

It's almost the end of May. Spring is here. For a number of years, 18 to be exact, I have been a volunteer in my children's school. Even when my boys went on to Secondary school and then on to university I stayed with the elementary school. I just didn't want to grow up. I was involved first in library, then arts, gardening clubs, and lately in faith development. I'm not sure if any of the activities were meant for the students. I loved them all. I think I read most of the books in the library, I certainly entered them into the data bank, I glued, painted and stapled everything I wanted to. The pizza day moms and I planted a wacky garden in the front, that by the way is doing beautifully, it has no order or rhyme or reason, it just blooms with only the heavens looking after it. As far as the faith development goes. Well, I have met some wonderful people. We sort of loose touch through the school year but come May we all seem to reconnect, not on purpose. Some wonderful event brings us together, we celebrate our faith, with the students, some of them grown up. We sing, we hug, we laugh, we even work our butts off. But a glorious time. Tomorrow is a time for celebration with my friends. I am so looking forward to our day. Bravo for friends.

No comments:

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.