Monday, September 3, 2018

Bring on the Rain...

Well the bringer of Rain is GONE!  Josh Donaldson of the Toronto Blue Jays was traded to the Cleveland Indians.
While I know that Josh, the famous 3rd baseman, did an awesome job for the Blue Jays, I'm not particularly "in love" with him.  I just always wanted to give him a haircut.  It's the mom in me.  I know also that he's only 32 years old, to be at that young age and be already thinking your career is coming to an end is AWFUL.  What happens to players when they are no longer able to "bring on the RAIN".  Josh has had injuries this season and he's been not playing for months.  Do you lose your "mojo".  do you end up retiring at 35, because your body gives up.  And then what of old age and those injuries? SAD,  I won't say I'll miss Josh, like I miss Troy Tulowitzki, (he's been on the DL for way too long as well.)
But I have to say this past few months, the Blue Jays have at times played like little girls in the outfield.  After all, regardless of the standing, you are (the players) still getting paid the big bucks.  If I didn't do my job, I'd not get paid.  Think about it Blue Jays!  Think about it!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Oh dear, that is sad when the boys go on the DL and even worse when things don't mend as planned. My beloved Chicago Cubs have been beset with injuries -- Kris Bryant is just back from weeks on the DL -- this year too. But they're hanging in there, dear Irene! We are hoping they win the National League Division Title, the Pennant, and of course the World Series. xoxo

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.