Thursday, March 15, 2018

It's been awhile...

I haven't posted for a long time, almost a full month.  I'm in a reading slump, have not finished a book in two months.  TERRIBLE.  I think I need a comfort read, either Maeve Binchy or Agatha Christie, and since my back is still in agony, and my Christie books are on the lower shelf, it will likely be Maeve Bincy.  What do you do to get out of a slump?

I've also taken March off to deal with some health appointments and "clean/purge my household."  It's not going too well, I sure have accumulated a great number of lovely things.  Plates and cups to be exact.  AND... there is still all those paintings.... SO

In the meantime,  I'm so ready for spring.
last years blooms.

3 comments:

Vicki said...

I don't know if you've read this book, but I'm currently listening to Minding Frankieby Maeve Binchy and am enjoying it.

Oh yes, I'm purging stuff and boy is it hard. I'll be glad when it's over.

I'm so tired of this weather. I'm in Florida, it's mid March, and this morning when I went outside to go to work it was 35°! That's Canadian weather :)

I hope your back is better soon!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

If you haven't read Marie Kondo's little $10 book, The Life-Changing Magic Of Tidying Up, I highly recommend it for inspiration. Just her section on letting things go helped me so much with not keeping things stored away. I'm reading it again to get inspired to have another go at not buying things. That's really the key! I am an expert at "storage" and Marie says expert storage people are just organized hoarders. Yep, it was hard to admit, but that's me and I need to break my habits.

Jenny said...

I hear you, dear Irene. To get out of a slump I usually go easy on myself, knowing I'll soon get motivated again. After Erica's wedding in a month, I have a project planned that involves cleaning out some areas, giving some stuff to charity, moving some furniture around, and a cosmetic remodel of our (very small) master bath. That should do it until August, haahaaa -- and then I'll just loll around in the pool, waiting for my beloved -ber months.. xoxo

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.