Sunday, March 19, 2017

Sunday Salon...


 Well my companion here is getting rather spoiled. I've been sitting with him for a few weeks now. I'm finally starting to shake that nasty flu.  I haven't opened a book all month so my Ireland reading Challenge will be slightly delayed. I know the clip art says 2013, but I cannot think of how to make it 2017.  The neurons are not firing up just yet.
Even the painting of treasure boxes is somewhat remedial.  I have however, pinterested my self silly.
I'm overflowing with ideas, that my body is not ready to execute.  Well enough said. 

We've had a great deal of Yonge St. news in the daily report, reminded me of that very horrific crime committed many years ago.  I was so nieve I couldn't imagine why anyone would hurt a child.  Well, I decided to read a book written, in which the crime was interwoven.  Kicking the Sky.

There's a huge controversy going on in our area, about Staff less libraries.  
The mayor at some point said libraries are just used by "seniors" can you imagine.I'd also like to remind him who votes.    And yet, the Hamilton library boasts the highest readers in the province.   So unless the city is filled with seniors, the mayor needs to get his facts straight.  There are some services that are indispensable. 

Just thought I'd ask,  how often do you use a library?  I'm trying to reduce my "stuff", so I use a library quite often, once or twice a week.  I walk to the library, so it's my work out as well.

Happy Reading everyone.

3 comments:

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Magnifico gatto :)
Ciao Irene io sono Myriam
Baci :)

martha brown said...

I'm at the Library at least once a week. Usually at different branches too! Our libraries are packed full of people. I always have to wait to check my books out ( at the self check-out!) I can't imagine not having the library. I also can't imagine a staffless library. How could that possibly work? But they say that it works in other parts of the world....

Annie said...

Good to catch up here Irene.
Sorry to hear you have been unwell.
Do hope you feel much better very soon.
Don't know where I have been what I have been doing.
Reading reading reading...that is probably what!

I am spoiled by libraries..one here at my retirement village, another private one up the street, as well as a mobile council one arrives down the road every week.
Very spoiled. As well as second hand bookstores.
and an ordinary bookstore that sells books at regular prices,
I try not to go down to that one very often!! It always costs me too much money.
Libraries are so much better. I cannot imagine a staff less one, though a trip to a different library yesterday revealed a renovation and much automation. But still real people to ask questions of. Luckily. Though I still didn't find what I was looking for.
All the best Irene. Will have to call back in soon and check you are feeling better!

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.