Monday, January 30, 2017

The Art of Racing in the Rain...

I just finished another book off my shelves.  Amazing.  What a good story, makes me want to get out there and get me a dog.



from Amazon.ca
Enzo knows he's different from other dogs: a philosopher with a nearly human soul, he has educated himself by watching TV and listening to his master, Denny Swift, an up0and-coming race car driver- Art of Racing in the Rain (Front Flap)

Enzo is convinced that he will come back in his next life as a man. On the last night of his death, he looks back on his life and the struggles that Denny had. The loss of his wife Eve and the custody battle for his daughter Zoe, against Eve's wealthy parents. Enzo knows that he did his part to reunite the family and has the hope that Denny can still become a champion race car driver.



I can tick off one of my Challenges, in the What's in the Name Challenge,

A number in numbers:
 
A building:


A title which has an ‘X’ somewhere in it:


A compass direction :

An item/items of cutlery:

A title in which at least two words share the same first letter:

The Art of Racing in the Rain, Garth Stein

4 comments:

Vicki said...

I got this book when it was first published but haven't read it yet. I plan on moving it up my tbr stack.

Jenny said...

Any book about a good dog has got to be a good read, Dear Irene! I love my new dog, Rizzo. He's my pride and joy. xoxo

Nise' said...

This book was on my favorite list the year I read it. It made me want a dog again too.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Interesting concept from a different view. We just saw A Dog's Purpose, which is from the dog's view also. A trend perhaps? Thanks for the review.

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.