Sunday, April 24, 2016

Simple Woman's Daybook

http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/ 
For Today
Outside my window...
Sunny but cold, only 8degrees
I am thinking...
I'll be getting out there soon, to clean up and plant
I am thankful...
for this cooler weather, not quite ready to "dig in"

I am wearing...
oh dear, my p.j.s, it's one of those mornings

I am creating...
I need to finish up a painted piece and pack it for my niece
I am wondering...
why I decided what to make for a potluck,  than means I have to shopping for ingredients

I am reading...
it took me way too long to finish my last Maeve Binchy book, Glass Lake, loved it of coarse, and now I'm on to 
this choice of book was sort of coincidental,  The Canadian Antique Association had a guest speaker, illuminating us on stain glass, and Charters was a highlight of the talk, well low and behold I had it in the hold bin at our local library... weird ... or what?

I am hoping...
to find a easy solution to attaching curtain rods to a ceiling, I'm not so tall these days.
I am learning...
I'm getting too old for some of my adventures
In my garden...
my bulbs are up and the ready to bloom, hopefully it will stay warm

In my kitchen...
I'm baking a cake,  and in the a.m. I'll be making a wicked Curry Vegetable dish for our Pot Luck. 

Here's a picture I'll share with you, it's me getting my table ready for a charity luncheon.
my friend Lois took this photo as I was setting up, my theme was Jingle all the Way.
each of my 10 guest received one of these hand painted stockings (painted by me)(design adaptation from Wendy Fahey) a bit of work, but fun. My Lenten rose which is also in this design is in full bloom, it sounds like  it a showy flower but it really isn't, it's just interesting.


In the school room...
both my boys are finished University, for now, I hope they will be life long learners
Quote for today...
 Thought for the Day:
People who shine from within...don't need the spotlight.
Most days a lovely lady Tracy Moreau , post a thought for the day
One of my favorite things...
a great cup of tea, in a beautiful china cup/mug

5 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Your table looks lovely! I'm very happy for the warmer weather.

Nise' said...

There is something about having a tea in a beautiful cup. Very pretty table.

Jenny said...

Dear Irene, I love your quote about shining from within. That is so true. Your table for the luncheon is stunning. Go big or go home; right? As for big, get Handy Andy to hang those draperies. You just stand back and say when it's the way you want it. I recently began reading "The Bridesmaids" ... a memoir written by Judy Balaban Quine, who was one of Grace Kelly's bridesmaids at her wedding 60 years ago April 19th. It's a riveting read. Be well, my dear. xoxo

Vicki said...

I like this peek into your life. I wish I was as creative as you are.

Margaret @ BooksPlease said...

Just catching up with reading blogs! You're very busy and you have encouraged me to read The Cleaner of Chartres.

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.