Sunday, November 2, 2014

Sunday Salon...Kindred, Octavia Butler

Sunday Salon finds me enjoying the sunshine, it's cold outside, but sunny, a perfect day to see that I missed washing windows... Ha Ha.  they'll have to wait for warmer weather.  

I finally finished reading Kindred, Octavia Butler.  As I said I'm not a big fan of time travel but, gave this book extra effort to finish.  Octavia's mentor was Harlan Ellison, which is "the word" around here, according to my son.  Well Harlan... I don't know?  It was o.k., but it didn't keep me turning the pages anxiously, had it not been for Harlen, I would have abandoned it.  I persisted, the end took too long to come and yet I wondered what happened to everyone in the book.  I do have to say that Dana and Kevin must have had a strong marriage, I'm not sure I could do that.  What you ask?  travel in time, an unpleasant dangerous time. How does one adjust?  Now I'm glad that Dr. Who is not my doctor. 

What's next, the Paying Guest, Sarah Waters.  

Happy Reading.

3 comments:

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I have no idea who Harlen Ellis is but guess I need to look him up! Look forward to hearing what you think of The Paying Guests. I've been hearing great things about it!

Anonymous said...

Have you read the Outlander series? I like time travel stories, too.

Vicki said...

Kindred has been on my tbr list for a long time. Sorry it was just o.k. for you!

I'll have to check out Paying Guest since I don't remember hearing about it before.

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.