Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Wednesday, what are you reading...

I know I've signed up for a number of reading challenges, and this book was not one that I had chosen for any of those, but, it was a Canadian Author and I couldn't help myself. I've just finished reading The Painted Girls  a love story, or sorts, the devotion of sisters, the neglect of an addictive mom, and poverty, poverty, poverty.  I thoroughly enjoyed this book, I've always loved that Degas  ballerinas.  And then I read this very little book The Orchard , the Swallow
When I started this little novel, I wasn't sure I'd like it, it was both horrific, and thought provoking.  Again a Canadian Author.

If you have an opportunity I highly recommend each of these books, I'm glad I read them.

My only complaint was finishing the book on my trip into town, and having to twiddle my thumbs on the way home.

What an Animal Reading Challenge.

3 comments:

Nise' said...

Thank you for the recommendations.

kayerj said...

sounds like you've been reading some good ones.

Annie said...

I love reading about the books you read

and your comment about having to twiddle your thumbs on the way home..

;-)

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.