Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Glass Room... Ann Cleeves

I didn't write a real review of this great book when I read it, mostly because Margaret from Books Please did such a great job.  I must say this was a really good mystery, I truly didn't have a clue who dunit until the end.  I also like the investigative teams dynamics, and the mystery in some of their characters.

Certainly a candidate for the Best New Author to me.  Ann Cleeves does a outstanding job.
book description from Amazon.ca
This is the new novel in Ann Cleeves' Vera Stanhope crime series. DI Vera Stanhope is not one to make friends easily, but her hippy neighbours keep her well-supplied in homebrew and conversation so she has more tolerance for them than most. When one of them goes missing she feels duty-bound to find out what happened. But her path leads her to more than a missing friend...It's an easy job to track the young woman down to the Writer's House, a country retreat where aspiring authors gather to workshop and work through their novels. It gets complicated when a body is discovered and Vera's neighbour is found with a knife in her hand. Calling in the team, Vera knows that she should hand the case over to someone else. She's too close to the main suspect. But the investigation is too tempting and she's never been one to follow the rules. There seems to be no motive. No meaning to the crime. Then another body is found, and Vera suspects that someone is playing games with her. Somewhere there is a killer who has taken murder off the page and is making it real...
The Best of new Authors is hosted by Mysteries in Paradise

I will certainly be looking to read more of this authors works.


3 comments:

Erica (Irene) said...

Sounds like a good read....this summer I still can't find time to go and get a good book to read.

Jenny said...

Oooooh, a book about writers! I like the sound of that. I'll have to see if I can check this out at the library, dear Irene.

Vicki said...

Sounds like a good series!

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.