Sunday, June 2, 2013

Sunday Salon... Happy Anniversary

A few weeks ago we celebrated my sister and brother in laws 40th anniversary.  Today they will be attending a Eucharistic Celebration with many, many couples at the Cathedral in their town.  I expect the Bishop will be blessing these unions once again, amazing how quickly 40 years have flown by.  It's been a whirlwind of events this week, my other sister had undergone a major surgery, we are still worried about her, she's not getting better fast enough.  Although I think her extended stay in the hospital probably saved the young man in the bed next to her.  Apparently he suffered a heart attack during the night and staff were stumped? He's resting in an appropriate ward.  She's an ICU nurse with many years of experience.  She also teaches these emergency procedures, I bet she'll be telling those nurses they need to attend. Like many professions, nursing just isn't what it used to be.  Have we really advanced? or have we just saved a few bucks. 

Back to the newly weds.  They'll have a good time today, at least for a few hours, dinner afterwards, and then the bride will have to catchup with school work and the groom will doze off on the lazy boy.  Life is good!..

Me on the other hand, well, one more week of classes and then time to hit the housework and some serious spring cleaning, my garden has been o.k. with perennial plantings so far, but soon I'll have to clear out some of the leftovers.  My handy Andy killed a good portion of the grass with weed killer so... guess what ?  I left him unsupervised, and I don't care.  Time to learn something of being a home owner and not get your wife to "fix" your mistakes.  I'm in my sewing room AGAIN today.  On the reading front I'm almost finished Peaches for Monsieur le Cure, Joanne Harris.  GOOD BOOK.  Wish I spoke/read  French.  I'm trying to desperately reduce my book collection, it's the hardest thing ever.  And at some point I must sand down a little rocker, it's a nice day out there and it's easier to sand outside than in.  Who needs more dust, when I have cat hair to deal with.  I'm a cheap date, I'm sure you've gathered that, give me a sanding block and an old chuck of some furniture and I'm happy.  Dreaming of a drill press, no idea what I'd do with it... We've had a fair bit of rain this week so the pond is topped up and the fish are happy.  Have a good week.

6 comments:

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Hi Irene,
che bella che è tua sorella :))
Buona domenica.

Carrie K. said...

I've been wanting to read something by Joanne Harris for a long time - must do that soon!

Jenny said...

Dear Irene, first of all, happy fish are paramount. Happy couples? Divine. Are we not cruising toward our own 34th, both you and your love, and me and mine? As a number of years married, 34 is hard for me to comprehend. Ups and downs here and there but what would I do without my beloved? I'd be lost. And you would be killer with a drill press, I just know it. Re your question about Erica, yes, she got tired of the endless work of school-teaching. It was literally never done; she could have worked around the clock and still might not have ever caught up. So now she has made new horizons for herself and I am glad because we don't like to see our kids in desperation for too long. Have a good week, luv.

Vicki said...

Congrats to your sister & BIL!

Haven't read a book by this author. If I ever catch up on my TBR shelves, I may give her a try. (that's a big IF!)

bermudaonion said...

Happy anniversary to the happy couple!

Annie said...

Peaches for Monsieur le Cure sounds good, Irene.

Reducing a book collection...very difficult I am still finding, but I am going to have to keep at it still.

Thanks for visiting my challenge photos. I love taking photos, and especially of the grand children!

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.