Monday, June 10, 2013

Mailbox Monday... What are you Reading ?

the last of the tulips
My mailbox is empty, yet again.  But, I am reading, Mr. Rosenblum Dreams in English, Natasia Solomons.  I'm not very far into the book but so far I'm enjoying it.  Natasia Solomons is the author of The House of Tyneford also, enjoyed that book as well.  It's a WWII Historical Novel.  My parents emigrated to England post WWII, so I'm getting a feeling of what things might have been like for then.  I know my mother hated it, and thus we ended up being proud Canadians. 

It's raining again here in our area, great time to lay sod.  My arm is killing me.  Handy Andy killed the grass and thus... My roses are well into growing season, buds ready to open, if we get a little sunshine someday soon it will be lovely.  

On Saturday, I was a guest once again of the Antique Association and we did a field trip.  I was on the lookout for some porcelain casters for a chair (which somehow lost it's set).  I also purchase a neat little basket that I want to hang on my front door with a trailing plant.  I'll get to that on Wednesday or Thursday, any ideas.  I'm just thinking of a potato vine and a couple of flowering plants.  And then I'll have to hit the back yard, the early  perennials are almost done so it will be a clean up of sorts.  I'm also stuck with all that dead grass that Handy Andy killed in the backyard as well.  I'd really like to add a little Zen to the place.  Handy Andy and I both need a little Zen. And I'm dying to do one of those wall plaques with succulents.  Beyond that I might need to lie down, I'm not good at lying down and reading so not sure how much of that will happen.  Keep well and enjoy your week.


4 comments:

SquirrelQueen said...

Sorry to hear about that empty mailbox. Maybe tomorrow the postman will bring you a treat. I think this is probably sore arm (and back,neck,etc) season. I've been working in the yard nonstop.

bermudaonion said...

My book club read Mr. Rosenblum and we all enjoyed it but I'm not sure anyone LOVED it, if you know what I mean.

Today's the first day in a while that it hasn't rained here.

kayerj said...

I hope you enjoy your week too. My roses opened last week and are in full bloom at the moment.

Jenny said...

Fountains are zen, dear Irene! Install a burbling fountain.

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.