Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday Salon... new author, Messenger of Athens

It's been an ordinary week around here.  Cold, and snowy, I've had to dig out my long johns, and wooly socks.  I've resumed some of my studio time, after the break, and was immediately smacked up side the head with the possibility of a Provincial Election.  The new premier designate says she's going to work with the opposition, Bravo. Let's see how long it takes for them to agree/disagree,  I'm hoping at least till March break, end of April would be better, but... work is work.  I'm loving how my little chair is working out, at furniture refinishing a it's very delicate, it will probably only hold the cat, or something of similar size, say a Princess, without the pea, and because I'm basically unstable I'm still working on my bench, both pieces require such different attention, when I get bored with one, I go to the next.  My friend Anna gave me a jar of Friendship Soup and I made it with a few additions, mmmmmmmmmmmm. My husband is so happy I'm feeding him.  We even had supper.  Usually, when my son works we eat very late, I was a nice wife and fed him earlier.  It's true the way to a mans heart is through the stomach.  Then for supper I made what I like to eat spinach, needless to say he picked it out.  Not sure I got to his heart, it's sort of stone these days.  AGE, or neglect?  It was lovely and sunny this afternoon, and I could not just iron, so I finished my The Messenger of Athens, Anne Zouroudi.  I like the fat man.  A very interesting read, I'm so glad I read the review at Mysteries in Paradise, I shall most definitely watch for more by this author. Reminds me a little of that old TV show the equalizer.  I have a tiny little bit of laundry left to do in the a.m. and then I'm hitting my studio, it really needs my attention.  I have a bunch of Christmas ideas still hanging around there and they need to be put aside, till I'm sure there will be no election.  Work is so disruptive to the creative process, but one must have the $$$ to buy paint, and brushes.  The weather is suppose to be warmer this week, double digits ?  DanOrama is soon approaching, I have a good mind to attend. I hate it! but... boys will be boys.  I understand the anticipation of retirement, even though I have not "really" worked.   The week ahead looks ordinary yet again. Except for the DanOrama thing, and my good friend is also having a B day on the weekend, not sure I'm up for the celebration, but I must, we've been friends forever.  And I could use a hug, sincerely, and maybe a laugh or two. Keep warm, and enjoy your week.

4 comments:

Jenners said...

Stay warm. Always good to discover a new author. And soup is great on cold days.

Annie said...


Hugs for you Irene. I love hearing of all your projects, you do all the things that I'd like to be doing! So many interesting things. I must enrol in some courses, especially restoring old furniture!
And all your reading of course! Very jealous, I can't seem to concentrate. In fact I've misplaced my library book..The Long Weekend, which is just what this started out to be...only extended into a longer weekend!

Had a hug from my grandson tonight.
I told him "Grandma loves you", and he said,
"I love you too, Grandma".
What a cutie!

The floods continue down south, some people are worse off here and others haven't had as much flooding as expected. I hope to go home tomorrow and find out what's up at home!

We actually got to look at the beach today, went for a drive when the baby came home from daycare. Had fish and chips at the beach. Very nice. Warming up very fast!

Jenny said...

Consider yourself hugged, even rubbed affectionately between the shoulder blades, dear Irene. I don't know how you deal with that cold except I supposed you're more or less used to it by now, and certainly homemade soup goes a long way toward reaching anyone's heart. The cat that gets to inhabit that chair will be a special critter indeed, for such an honor.

Vicki said...

I've heard of Friendship Bread, but not Friendship Soup, so now I have to Google it.

I LOVED the show The Equalizer!!! So sad when it was taken off the air.

I'm sending you lots of {{HUGS}}...

Here's my favorite joke, hope it gives you a laugh:

What did the blonde say when she had a baby?

"Is it mine?"



(No offense to blondes, I was one until I hit a "certain" age!)

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.