Saturday, March 24, 2012

Saturday Snapshot...

Since this is a bookish blog, I thought I needed to share this unique garden element with you all.  I spent the afternoon at the Canada Blooms show.  Yes you are seeing correctly, this retaining wall is stuffed in random spots with books.  I love it.  I'm not sure if our Canadian weather would be o.k. for this creation, but it certainly is cool.



 While the show on the whole was a disappointment, too crowded and quite expensive.  I went for the floral arrangement competition which was the highlight for me. I studied Ikebana, Ohara School, so I'm always anxious to see how well they do.  3rd place. Not the picture shown, I didn't manage to sneak a picture of the winner. Rules!  My sole purpose for going was to get some interesting daylillies,  mission accomplished, no other bulbs, no Holland tulips , just lilies and lilies and more lilies, thought I would not even find my daylillies until I was huffing and puffing out the door and viola there he was, my man with the daylillies.  Apparently tomorrow will be warm enough to plant them.

Saturday Snapshot is hosted by Alyce at At Home With Books.

P.S. I've just had an evil though, maybe the books in the retaining wall were added because one of the crew didn't order enough bricks, so he/she looked around and found some books to "fix" things.

8 comments:

Pooch said...

Glad you found the day lilies and posted the lovely pix. Flower shows make me even more eager for full-on spring and summer!

:)

Alyce said...

Those books in the wall certainly wouldn't last long here in Oregon with the rain!

Cathy said...

Hay-on-Wye has bookshelves right out in the weather. When I was there, it was spitting rain, and I felt horrible for those poor books!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

The books in the wall don't seem very practical...LOL I love flower shows, make me anxious to garden.

bermudaonion said...

That retaining wall is awesome. It'd be even better if you could pull the books out to read.

Cheryl @ Tales of the Marvelous said...

I'm torn...I love the idea of incorporating books into architecture, while at the same time, my "must protect books" instincts go wild!

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Hi Irene,
in Italia quei libri non sarebbero durati così a lungo in quel muro... sicuramente qualcuno li avrebbe già rubati !!!
Baci :)))
Myriam

Jackie McGuinness said...

That wall is cool. I didn't make it to Canada Blooms this year *sigh*

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.