Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

 here's my teaser.

Adair read it over and over again and there in her sister's handwriting she saw that if she were to go home she would be alone in that endeavour, but there was no help for it.  It was very clear that the letter was written with the censor in mind but it was easy to read between the lines.  If she could just see her home one more time.  If she could find her father.  then she would be free to think about a place where she war had not come, where she and the major could start anew.

Enemy Women, Paulette Jiles.
Outside My Window...

It's sunny a perfect day

I am thinking...
I can't believe I did it! I hosted by husband's family for two weeks, Several meals a day and sightseeing to boot, and had a great time.

I am thankful for...

I'm thankful for friends and family who gave me a hand, in my adventures.


the learning rooms...


I'm learning to be more aggressive in my professional life.

From the kitchen...
supper will be leftover chicken

I am wearing...

  shorts and tee shirt.

I am creating...

 creating this week, a list of potential new employees.

I am going...

 I haven't adjusted to my new glasses, so now's the time.


I am reading...
Enemy Women and Child of the Northern Spring
With having my husband's family here for two weeks, and me having a great time, my reading has suffered badly so I'm still reading these two.

On my mind...

Absolutely NOTHING

Around the house...

laundry, laundry and more laundry.


One of my favourite things...


a foot stool, and a good cup of tea.







4 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

What a teaser! I gotta read this!!!

Here is my Teaser Tuesday: Other Eyes by Barbara D'Amato post!

fredamans said...

Interesting teaser!

Nise' said...

Glad you had a nice visit with your company! The teaser has me wanting to know more.

Paulina said...

I've just checked and the book was translated to polish ("Nieprzyjacielskie kobiety") so I'll finish reading it here;)

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.