Friday, April 1, 2011

Marriage Bureau for Rich People...


"That's right," interrupted Mr. Ali. "Your daughter  won't have a mother-in-law. you know what they say: A woman without a mother-in-law is a very fortunate daughter-in-law."

As a potential mother in law, I take personal offence to this line. But, I know it to be true.  How sad.  I don't have daughters, so I was hoping... However...  

For a pleasant read in a country other than what we know do read "Marriage Bureau for Rich People" it will open new worlds to you.  Once again my poor bookkeeping skills have not yielded the blogger who recommended this, but thanks anyway.  My parents had an arranged marriage, and it lasted "till death parted them." So it's interesting to hear of the beliefs around this type of custom.  go for it, read it.

Support Your Local Library Challenge
Where Are You Reading Challenge, India

3 comments:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I think I need to read this :) I'm glad you enjoy it!

bermudaonion said...

I have a feeling you won't be that kind of mother-in-law! The book sounds delightful!

Jenners said...

How interesting that your parents had an arranged marriage. I bet they are just as successful as unarranged marriages.

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.