Friday, March 25, 2011

Annexed, Sharon Dogar

 



My thoughts: WoW! I read Nise's review some time ago, and although it's been a long time since I read Anne Franks Diary, I was drawn to this story, although it was fictional, just because... I visited Auschwitz when my mom and I visited Poland a number of years ago.  It was the most incredible experience.  It has been something I will never forget, and reading the personal accounts real or factious has been a particular interest for me.  It may seem like a most gruesome interest, but such and important time that I cannot seem to forget.

Where are you Reading (Holland)
Photo of book I own.

5 comments:

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Buongiorno Irene :)
in Italia oggi è una splendida giornata !
Buona domenica anche a te :)
Myriam

Nise' said...

I am glad you read this book. Every time I visited Gettysburg (PA USA) there was a sense of quiet and reverence walking the war grounds. Did you experience that when you visited Auschwitz? We should never forget.

Jenners said...

I think that is pretty brave to take on as a topic but I like the idea of it. And I imagine that visit to Auschwitz must have been powerful.

Alyce said...

I haven't read this one, but I remember seeing it around a while back. I tend to read a lot of WWII fiction, so I will probably read it at some point.

bermudaonion said...

This sounds fascinating. I'd never thought about what Peter's side of things would have been.

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.