Tuesday, February 15, 2011

For Today...

Outside my window....it's sunny and bitter cold.
I am thinking....I'd love to stay in my p.j. today and just read.
I am thankful for... not being an only child, siblings do come in handy
From the learning rooms... sewing methods have not changed much in 60 years, products have though.
From the kitchen...chicken casserole ala Lincoln Memorial Hospital cookbook & Leek and Mushroom soup, yummy.    
I am wearing...you guessed it, p.j.s
I am creating...I finished yet another window covering last night, just needs weights, which I shall purchase tomorrow on my Ottawa Street adventure.
I am going...today, downstairs to my workroom and continue the tidying up.
I am reading....Silent in the Grave,  Deanna Raybourn, a new author for me.  I didn't realize sexual promiscuity was so rampant in the old days. How clueless am I ? I always thought people in the old days were prim and proper. HuH!
I am hoping...I don't run out of energy too early today.
I am hearing.... the fridge, and nothing else.
Around the house... nothing exciting.  I got new taps for the laundry room and kitchen, I'm so excited, I have water! I should explain these two areas have been undergoing some changes, and things just got to be overwhelming, and I didn't care enough to push it. So finally the other day enough was enough.
One of my favourite things... running water, no really, a quiet household, although now that I mentioned it, my cat is doing "something" requiring my attention, probably eating my Gypsy Rose.


 Here is a photo I'm sharing with you of our neighbourhood rabbit, my husband has been feeding him, so now that the snow is melted, you can imagine what my porch looks like.  Hmmmmm. he is the reason my cat at the moment is doing "something" he spotted him and is having a hissy fit.  the photo is not recent, we do still have mounds of snow, but he moved too quickly for me to get an adequate shot.

For today is hosted by a Simple Woman's Day Book.

Donna from Cottage Days, I still can't comment on your blog, but I do read it.  thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

Jenners said...

He looks like a fast little bunny!

And running water is pretty darn awesome!!!

bermudaonion said...

We're finally starting to get some spring like weather, thankfully!

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Hi Irene,
ho visto un tuo precedente post, con te, una tua amica e la sua bimba.
Che bella che sei !
Il colore verde della maglia ti stà molto bene.
Io ho terminato di lavorare alle 21:00, come sai produco scarpe del marchio " Hogan ".
Lo conosci ?
Ciao :))
Myriam

kayerj said...

hope you're have a great day. thanks for stopping by.

Donna said...

Hahaha, it looks like Marty scampered off briefly and paid you a visit while I wasn't looking!

Jenny said...

Looks like that bunny can hustle!

I would just like to say, while people are sinners and have always been sinners since Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, and naturally people have been sexually promiscuous as long as there have been people, I don't think that necessarily means that sexual promiscuity has always been rampant. More to the point, I think a lot of writers would have us believe that sexual promiscuity has always been as rampant as it is now, and I simply do not accept that. Why, just the other day I was reading on Wikipedia (trash, I know, but so often it's the first link that comes up) that somebody wrote a book positing the theory that Abraham Lincoln was a homosexual. To which I say, bullwocky. The sodomites want us to think everybody's a sodomite and always has been, which is ridiculous. Thanks for letting me rant, dear Irene.

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.