Tuesday, February 8, 2011

For Today...

Outside my window...it's darn cold, if you look out my window you'd think the sun is shining like it might be spring any time now... well it's -17 degrees Celsius.  We had another blast of snow, so in the back yard there is easily 36 inches and they are not drifts, the front yard there are difts, so they are waist high on me.  
I am thinking... I've go so much stuff to do.
I am thankful for...for having the good sense not to worry about all the stuff I have to do.
From the learning rooms... I already knew this in the depths of my memory, but I'll just tell you last evening I learned once again how to tell if my fabric is silk or wool or man made. By burning it with fire. I'm so glad I was right and it's silk I have. I'm not wasting time sewing polyester.
From the kitchen... celebrated my friends birthday with Thai food, I didn't cook.
I am wearing... and nice pair of black jeans, and a sweater, that I'm finding itchy. 
I am creating... curtains, I figure if each week I start on a new window, I may actually have window coverings come spring. The ones on the second floor in our bedrooms are old. and the windows on the main floor only have sun shades, I just couldn't decide what to do with them. Now I'm just ploughing ahead with whatever idea I had. I don't believe there should be hard and fast rules for decorating.  
I am going...to spend the day with a friend, it's her birthday.
I am reading....just this minute finished reading The Bells, awesome book.
I am hoping...It's not too cold tomorrow, it's my day at my moms and it's so cold waiting for buses.
I am hearing....my husband watching NCIS LA, and next to me I'm smelling my son's bowl of raspberry jello
Around the house...finally finished with the upgrades we could afford, and had our home inspection so we could get our rebates soon.  All we did was put in a new furnace and air conditioner, and insulated our attic. This was a government initiative for infrastructure.
One of my favorite things...not renovations... I'm so sick of fixing things up, I'd like to just clean up and relax.  Not going to happen any time soon.  I need now to paint my sons room, since it's empty and then I'd really like to repaint my dining room, hate the colour. (another reason why there are no window covering in that room).

Here's a picture I'm going to share with you today, This is  a garden figurine gifted to me by my students from my library days. It sits on the edge of the pond, you can see it's totally not visible.  I sent my husband out to put water in the pond so my neighbourhood creatures that come for a drink can find some thing, he went sliding along and almost into it.  It's really quite hilarious to watch the cats sitting on the edge of the ice watching the fish swim under the ice. And yes they survive the winter, they actually multiply, I guess we know what fish do when it's cold.

No comments:

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.