Monday, January 24, 2011

Mailbox Monday...

Mailbox Monday is a gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week and explore great book blogs. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I get very little in my mailbox, Oh yeh I'm trying desperately to read From my shelves and support the library, that must be why. Anyway I did receive a book that I purchased, it was sent from the U.K. and arrived in 3 business days, I was shocked. It takes longer than that for me to send something across the street.
The book is The Dark Side of the Moon, Zoe Zajdlerowa. It's no longer in print, and this happens to be a discard from a library. Why this book, I'm not really sure if this is what I'm looking for, but I'm still working on my family history, and it's very difficult to get information, real information about families exiled to Siberia. This happened to have a foreword by (or at least that's what the description said) by Helen Sikorski. If you grew up in our household you knew who General Sikorski

was, but historically I can't find much about him. Perhaps he was a silent hero. Anyway that's all I got, have not read any of it yet. But it might be a Russian read this months end, as I'm in the midst of A Russian Winter.



Book Photo of a book I own.

3 comments:

Nise' said...

I did not get much in my mailbox this week. I had A Russian Winter, but did not finish it on time and had to return it to the library for the next patron! Oh well, I'll get it back.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Have not heard of this one, but hope u enjoy it.

Jenners said...

That is fast!!!

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.