Tuesday, August 10, 2010

For Today...


FOR TODAY
Outside my window...it's very hot and sunny
I am thinking...the summer is almost over, and I haven't done all things on my list of "to do "
I am thankful for... getting an A on my physical
From the learning rooms...to schedule my time with my boys, otherwise they'll grow up and move out and I will be sorry.
From the kitchen...I know this sounds strange in this heat but, I made a pot of soup.
I am wearing...shorts and a t shirt
I am creating...trying to comply a book of favourite recipes for my nieces
I am going...to see my mom
I am reading... The Map of True Place, Brunonia Barry, I really enjoyed Lace Reader by this author, and I need a break from the Tudors.
I am hoping...my mom will have a good day. She protested yesterday evening with my sisters so...
I am hearing...the dishwasher on in the middle of the day, because I was too tired to put it on at night, (trying to save on electricity)
Around the house...
One of my favorite things... walking down Ottawa Street, filled with fabric and antique stores. I need to recover my foot stool.
A few plans for the rest of the week: Thursday if the heat is not too devastating we'll go see The TerraCotta Army and the Royal Ontario Museum.
Here is picture I am sharing...


My white garden at last!

6 comments:

Diane O. said...

I really wanted to see the Terra Cotta Army when it was in DC but didn't make it up there.

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Hi Irene,
questi fiori bianchi sono molto belli :-)
Buona giornata.

Jenny said...

It sounds so pleasant and peaceful in your world, dear Irene! It is so hot here and so humid, it's devastating to try and be outside. But I was downtown today for some depos so, despite the fact that I'll now have to send my dress to the dry cleaners, I walked around for nearly an hour and took pictures! I was obsessed with shadows. Anyway ... happy Tuesday, luv!

Jeanne said...

The exhibit sounds interesting. Isn't it funny in the winter it's "if the weather ..." and now in the summer the same. I thought this time of year we wouldn't have that worry. Hot here as well. Off to my bedroom where the a/c is to read.

Catherine Holman said...

Love your post and your beautiful white garden.

Susan Williamson said...

This was such a cool blog entry Irene. Thanks for sharing all the details - big and little - that go on inside and outside your mind.

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.