Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A-Z Wednesday, the letter V

Welcome to A-Z Wednesday!!
To join, here's all you have to do: Go to your stack of books and find one whose title starts with the letter of the week.


Post:
1~ a photo of the book
2~ title and synopsis
3~ link(amazon, barnes and noble etc.)
4~ Come back here and leave your link in the comments.
If you've already reviewed this book you can add it also.
Be sure to visit other participants to see what book they have posted and leave them a comment.
(We all love comments, don't we?)
Who knows? You may find your next "favorite" book.

THIS WEEKS LETTER IS: "V"

The Vogue Sewing Book is my installment of this week's A-Z Wednesday. I haven't played for a few weeks, just too busy organizing life and trying to get a handle on the WEEDS. However, this is a book that isn't getting downsized at the moment. Very few of my sewing and knitting/"thread" type books get tossed. I just feel like I would be abandoning my profession if I no longer needed them. There is always something in them I need to refer to. I know, I know, after all this time sewing I should know everything, but I don't always use everything. Take for example I made a dress and jacket for my mom for my nieces wedding, she kept helping me, everytime I would leave the room she made the neckline bigger, or the armhole bigger, I was at my wits end. I replaced the front of the dress, then I replaced the back of the dress, and then she got hold of the jacket. I ran our to fabric, so I went to my trusty book and made a Japanese frog closure, which I didn't quite remember how to do, so out came my Knots book, and then the Vogue Sewing Book, and VIOLA (I do know this is spelled incorrectly) She looked marvelous. So keep some old books you never know when they will come in handy.

photo of book I own.

A-Z Wednesday is hosted by Vicki of Reading At The Beach

4 comments:

Nise' said...

I agree, there are just some books that you will go back to again and again!

fredamans said...

Lovely!

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/07/to-z-starts-with-v.html

Erica (Irene) said...

There are books that I have that I go back to again and again or just can't part with them.
Hope you are staying cool.

Jenny said...

I too have a hard time letting go of books. I look for titles on my groaning shelves all the time. I love this post and I'd like to play but alas, I must work today, plus pay a visit to the dentist! Speaking of groaning!

I admire the work of seamstresses ... never been much good with a needle myself past counted cross stitch, shoring up a hem, or replacing a button! My mother-in-law is a true artisan in fabric and thread. I hope you have a pleasant Thursday, Irene! Stay cool!

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.