Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

This weekend the United States celebrates Memorial Day, I don't pretend to know too much about the day, beyond the sales in the shopping plazas. However with the aid of my many blogging friends I've come to realize the importance of this great day. But, the one thing that I find so awesome about my neighbors to the south is a story I read on line in the Washington Post, It's the story of the Arlington Lady. I was just so touched by these ladies. I couldn't do this, I could be a professional cryer, I couldn't just go and be so dignified, I'm sure I'd make a fool of myself. I tip my hat to the commitment and so very important a role these ladies play in respecting those who gave their lives so that we might be free.

1 comment:

Donna said...

I didn't know about the Arlington Ladies. Thank you so much for sharing the story. It made me cry and so very proud of our great country.

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.