Friday, February 12, 2010

Friday 56


1. Grab the book nearest you right now.
2. Turn to page 56.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like).
5. Post a link with your post to Storytime with Tonya and Friends.

The closest book to me at the moment is:

King Rat, China Mieville


"Well, you aren't going back, so you got to bing a waste forward. I've to teach you how to be rat. You got a lot going for you, sonny. Hold your breath and squeeze in tight, freeze like a statue...you're invisible. Move just right, dainty on your toes, you'll make nary a sound. You can be like me. As far as you're concerned, up's no longer out of bounds , and down's nothing to fear."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that's very different!!!

Sarah said...

Interesting teaser!

Mine is here:
http://bookreviewsbysarah.blogspot.com/2010/02/friday-56-is-weekly-meme-hosted-by.html

Darlyn said...

sounds very intriguing..cant believe i'd fall to that one =p

here's mine;

http://darlynandbooks.blogspot.com/2010/02/friday-56-3.html

Annette said...

stopping by to say Hello and e mail me your e mail address and Denise is suppose to send me step by step guide on how to change back ground and I'll e mail back with the instructions, shes got wayyyyyy to much faith me to think I can do this!! hehehehehe

Hugs always~
Annette

Suzanne said...

"I've to teach you how to be rat." hahahahaha!

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.