Saturday, January 30, 2010

Dr. Livingston I presume!

Remember my little teacup, all alone with no saucer. Well much like Stanley I've been searching now for nearly forty years. Now this has not been an aggressive search but more like a pleasant quest. Well Eureka!!! Yesterday afternoon, as is my routine, my volunteer friend and I stopped for tea after our volunteering session and decided to do it at an mall where there was an antique fair. We had browsed at leisure throughout the fair and then on a lonely table in amongst a bunch of other stuff there it sat the saucer for my teacup.



It had waited all these years to reunite with the teacup, and at such a deal. You know at an Antique fair you generally pay way too much money for anything you buy, but my little saucer was only $2.

United at last, just like Stanley and Livingston.

6 comments:

Leslie Jane Moran said...

Oh JOY! I love it when things like that happen. Have a lovely cup of tea.

Irene said...

I'm afraid to have a cup of tea with my new find, lest my cup be too delicate, it is almost see through.

Stacey said...

Thanks for visiting my blog Irene:)
It's always nice to meet new friends!

Sounds like you have reunited two long lost pals. I'm sure they look great together...

Have a warm and snuggly day (it's snowing here in DC)

Blessings!

Donna said...

Isn't that grand when small miracles happen!?

Annie said...

wow...that is terrific! What a find, Irene.

Thanks for visiting, my log of wood in the woods.

Gallus Gal said...

I stumbled across your blog and greatly enjoyed reading about your tea cup story -- now if only true love worked that way also?

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.