Tuesday, November 24, 2009

While I was cleaning...


Monday is cleaning day, well sometimes. After watching my mother deteriorate physically and having these very long days to live through with nothing to do, I've decided I must persevere and teach myself to listen to books. I think I would not want to live if I couldn't read, or write or paint or sew, yet I know that day will come. Soooooooooo I borrowed a number of books on tape, and yes it's tape, thank goodness I don't throw anything out. So while I was cleaning my sewing room yesterday, (the furnace needs replacing and I don't want accidents) I put on my tape. This is the book I listened to, a light hearted mystery, good thing, It's Christmas!


Synopsis

The folks who picked a beautiful eighty-foot blue spruce from Stowe, Vermont, to be Rockefeller Center's famous Christmas tree don't have a clue that Packy Noonan, a scam artist just released from prison, hid priceless diamonds in it more than twelve years ago. But when Packy learns that his special tree will be heading to New York City the next morning, he knows he has to act fast.

What Packy does not know is that Alvirah, everyone's favorite lottery winner turned amateur sleuth, and savvy private investigator Regan Reilly are visiting Stowe with their friend Opal, who lost all her lottery winnings in Packy's scam. And just when they're supposed to head home, they learn that the tree is missing . . . and that Opal has disappeared.



P.S. In my paper book I'm still reading "by the pricking of my thumb" I've noticed that McBeth has been mentioned at least twice, as well as the title. I guess that is my next self imposed challenge "read some Shakespeare". You see I didn't read Shakespeare in school, I was in a business class and the English dept. thought that would be too difficult for us dummies. I'm kinda glad, because now I can be and Administrative Assistant to S. Vincent while we do the challenge together.

P.P.S. S.Vincent won't let me read the "Twilight" series, until I finish Jane Austen. Who's the parent here ? I think I may just rebel.

2 comments:

Donna said...

We love to listen to recorded books when we travel! I've thought about getting one of those Kindle readers, but don't know anybody yet that uses them and whether they are worth it or not.

Thank you for keeping up with my moving & house selling antics! I'll be able to bore everyone to death with details while we build our new home, LOL.

me again said...

I have never listened to a book-on-tape. I will have to give them a try!
==lennie==

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.