Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Take a tour of your home town...

I think we should all take a formal tour of our home towns. I'm one of those people that quite probably support public transit single handedly. I get off the bus usually downtown by the "old city hall" of Hamilton, Ontario. It seems the world has turned upside down. Most designers are pushing granite, and marble on their clients, all except Hamilton it seems. The photo shown is a pile of marble. The city hall in Hamilton, Ontario is being renovated, and they've dumped all that marble in a heap with no effort to recycle or conserve this very expensive stone. What a waste. We so often hear from our elected officials how homeowners should conserve, heat, hydro, water and the ever popular waste control, recycle everything. How about it City Hall, Do YOU do as you would like us to do? That pile of marble sure doesn't sell the bill for me. I might add that Hamilton is not a thriving metropolis of late. Can they afford a new City Hall.

So I thought maybe I should go on one of those tours of Hamilton, it might explain this insane decision. I doubt it, but then again one never knows. P.S. I don't live in Hamilton anymore, but I'm a frequent visitor, and I have to say downtown does not invite tourism.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

I love taking tours of my hometown. My adopted hometown that is where I spent most of my adult life(so far hehe). My BF was just up for a visit from Florida and we did a lot of 'siteseeing'.

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.