Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter


Happy Easter to all. In our house and even in my house an egg hunt was not a big deal. I usually chose a good piece of chocolate and something the boys wanted. I don't think my mother did chocolate. Now that this is her main source of nutrition perhaps it was back then and she was a closet chocoholic. HMmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Anyway, my eldest son doesn't like chocolate, (I think he was switched at birth ha ha) so he always wanted some paint brush or book or something so that tended to be the Easter treat. Sasha on the other hand LOVES chocolate, so he usually gets some throughout the Easter season with a grand finale on Easter Morning, some of that good stuff you buy at the One of a Kind. As children we went to 11 a.m. mass. In those days you had to fast at least one hour before communion. So you know how early our breakfast was. There were five kids, so my mother really hustled us to get dressed and to the table. It was an unusual breakfast, Barszcz, (beet soup) ham,with buraczki, eggs (hard boiled) kielbasa, bread and butter, and she always made a makowiec (poppy seed roll). At my house we will have white barszcz, with ham and buraczki, and the rest of it. Since my kids don't eat red or white barszcz, I make my husband eat the one that is traditionally made at Easter. We share the blessed egg. Now this afternoon my sisters and their families and us will get together and have a dinner. I don't remember that at my mother's house, I think we just worked on breakfast leftovers. We quite loved that. Maybe my memory is failing me but... Anyway have a Wonderful Easter.

No comments:

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.