Friday, March 6, 2009

Vintage postcards


Carmi often talks about vintage postcards. I really have never paid any attention to postcards until she peeked my interest. I know what you're going to say, "you don't need another interest", just clean your house". Well I was doing just that, trying to sift through all that stuff from my mother's house when my sister Barb and I came across these post cards, they are blanks, I suppose you purchased them at Canada Post and they were pre stamped at 8 cents. Must have been in the 1800's because Canada Post doesn't even have an 8 cent stamp any more. What a laugh. I'm not sure what I'll do with them but I instantly thought of Carmi. Now I suppose if I needed an excuse to not continue the clean up (I know I'll never be finished) I could do some research on how old this postcard is, but I'm on a clear this box mission today, as I'm not up to vacumming just yet, too pooped. (literally)

2 comments:

Marie Reed said...

This is wild that I fell upon your blog because I know about the Carmi you are talking about! I share her Napoleon obsession and love it when she posts Nappy postcards on her other blog:) Glad to see you are become a vintage postcard - aholic!

Carmi Cimicata said...

I say it is an opportunity to test Canada Post!
I would alter them and then mail them back to myself!

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.