Friday, February 13, 2009

getting ready for love.

The first year we were married I got all excited about Valentine's Day. My husband was working afternoons so he would be coming home at 11p.m. and as I was in this mode that dinner was served whenever he came home. I got all scoobied up and was waiting with candle light dinner for two and champagne. (The centre piece was one of those bottles of wine, covered in raffia and wax drips all over). Well I waited in my red negligee and long flowing hair and waited and waited till I couldn't stay awake anymore. And no he wasn't out solving some earth-shattering crime, he went out for drinks with his friends. The wait stopped there. Now I take action. This year for Valentine's Day, I bought myself a little something, bought tickets to a dinner dance with people we don't know. We'll see how that turns out. But 29 years of nothing has to change.

1 comment:

Annette said...

I can remember doing things like that before we had children when we dated and we were "skinny", fun times! I think its fabulous what you did, let your hair down and have fun, after all no one will no you!! My husband tried to go out with friends for a drinks and I'd have "gut" feeling so off I'd go looking for them and walk in and belly up to the table and say "Who's going to buy me a beer boy's" and the look....unforgettable. Have a great time tonight.....
Hugs
Annette

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.