Monday, November 10, 2008

What to do with those few left over tomatoes from your garden.

If you're like me you don't want to let go of summer, if only because of the taste of the tomatoes. Well I have a few ripening all at once on the window sill and what should I do with them when they are all ready at one time. Well I like to serve them as a warm vegetable. I know, I know they are not a vegetable they are a fruit.(Or so Mr. Science in my house keeps telling me, I wish he could tell everyone else.) Any way I cut them into rather thick slices of about 1 inch, spread them out on a good nonstick type jellyroll pan drizzle them with honey, pushing the honey into the hollows. Proscess 2 slices of not too fresh bread into breadcrumbs (not too fine) combined with 1 tbsp. of tarragon (dried) 1 1/2 tsps. salt and 1 1/2 tsp. pepper spread evenly over the tomatoes dot with butter and bake in the oven at 350 for about 30 min. or until the tomato skin wrinkles. Broil 5 inches from heat 5 minutes until tops are golden. Serve warm. *I have skipped the tarragon when I didn't have any. The measurement covers about 8 med. size tomatoes. for easy clean up you could line the pan with tinfoil. Mmm good.

No comments:

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.