Tuesday, November 11, 2008

And now in English...

I know for me regular readers you know I'm a research junky, and family history is something I've been trying to gather for years. Unfortunately neither of my parents ever wanted to talk about details. So it's been a long and winding road, not many records available after the war. But I'm still trying. So a salute to my mother country today in Rememberence. When I was in grade two in Polish school our wonderful teacher told us this legend of why this melody us unfinished, it intrigued me so much that when I went to Poland I'm sure my cousins were not too happy with me as I insisted we go to Krakow and listen, they were wanting to shop. I did hear it for my own ears. Apparently legend has it that the bugler was shot with an arrow in the throat and was therefore unable to finish his tune.

No comments:

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.