Sunday, October 12, 2008

Puckerrrr up!

Well you know that I've been talking about baking a pie. Well today is the day. A million years ago, I joined a cookbook club, you know one of those "buy 5 books for 99cents. Well at 13 or 14 yrs. old that was quite a bargain. One of those books is one that is still on my cookbook shelf. Amy Vanderbilt's Complete Cookbook. Well I've made almost everything in that book. I have my favorites, like éclairs and lemon pie. Lemon Pie it is today. I'm roasting some vegetables to make my polenta dish as well. So the house will smell like a special occasion is about to happen. There might even be some cranberries with Cointreau (if I haven't drank it). Love that drink! After the cookbook club I've joined the Mystery Book Club, and Sasha is now enjoying reading old mysteries in his English class. And then the embroidery book club, and quilting book club, and of late scrappers stuff. I haven't found a painting book club that interests me, I'm still all over the map in my interests in that avenue. Maybe gardening should be next? But for now a SKY HIGH Lemon Meringue Pie sounds good. MMMMMMMMMM!

No comments:

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.