Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tuesdays lily

Today's lily is the Stella D'or. I had to buy this lily because my middle name is Stella. It's a purply burgandy one, a little shorter than the bright orange of yesterday. It too is in my "white garden". The little tag on it read "bright yellow" (so I planted it next to my orange one). If you read Leslie Moran's blog on July 30, she did a bit about what's in a name, and I at some point talked about what flower would I be if I were one. Stella D'or is o.k. with me. I have such difficulty choosing plants. I want them all. I thought I would do a white garden so at the end of the day I could sit outside with my book light and read by the soothing riple of the pond. I read somewhere it was called a midnight garden, perfect timing for me as that's usually when I get to sit down. Well ... I can't do that with orange and burgandy flowers, but I do enjoy them during the day. I've now settled on some white birch twigs, (which I hope I can coax my ivy to cling to) with some mini lights. It sure makes those lilies stand out.

No comments:

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.