Friday, August 29, 2008

Let's go to the EX

Let's go to the Ex. When we were growing up in Hamilton, on the last day of school we would get these coupons for the Ex. We never went. My mother always thought that was silly and you would have to spend a lot more than that entry fee, which she was not willing to spend. So when I moved closer to Toronto, I went to the Ex. Andy use to be the Police on duty there some years. One year I went to the Ex and discovered these fabulous flowers (fake) and just needed them. So Alice and I went, with Andy, leaving my mother with Daniel. Well, Andy got distracted at the beer tent and left us, poured rain. We waited for him for what seemed a very long time. By the time we got back my poor baby was hysterically crying, never having been left without his mom. Well I proposed today to that same baby that we go to the EX on Monday, like we normally do, and got a very ugh answer. Well doesn't that just take the cake. I didn't get to "Bat Night" this year either. Another annual event. I'm starting to feel very left out. I must do something about that. We always judge the end of summer by the beginning of the Ex. Well it's almost gone and what have we enjoyed. Well I got to spend several days with a good friend in our favorite place. I've read many books, I've painted all summer, another first. I've hardly gotten a water bill this year. (not much watering happening). It's been a busy summer. Oh well we can start to shop for Christmas I suppose.

No comments:

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.