Saturday, July 5, 2008

I think I must have walked around the world at least once...



I think I must have walked around the world at least once, or so I thought. I signed out a pedometer from our local library on Canada Day and decided to record my steps just to see if it is possible. Well I'm so tired at the end of what I thought was a long walk, and it's only a couple of thousand steps. I read that you should do a min. of 10,ooo steps to make any difference in your health. Well I've been doing it for years and I don't seem to lose any weight, all I get for my trouble is tired. I'm seriously thinking of stopping and being a non- walker. I just don't have the commitment necessary to join a gym or go on a diet, and I refuse to pay for getting tired. So what to do with this hangover.*

I like to refinish and paint chairs, they are usually old wooden chairs with unusual designs. I have noticed that the seat portion of the chairs was generally much smaller than the chairs we have today. So we are all getting bigger, not just me.

Getting back to painted chairs, I think I like to do this because I always feel tired and the prospects of sitting and resting is so appealing. So if you have chairs of a variety of ages check them out re: size. Maybe I'll just buy bigger chairs and not worry about losing my hangover.

The chair in the photo is my winter version, it usually sits at the front door enabling us to put our boots on with ease. Huh! but you have to bend over, but that's another blog. What prompted me to talk about chairs. I have my eye on a chair in my husband's aunt's basement. I can see a lovely watermelon design on it. Do I dare ask?

*a hangover is the part of your butt that does not fit onto the chair, thus you hangover.

No comments:

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.