Thursday, June 26, 2008

Watching Soapies

Today is Thursday, and I'm drop dead tired. I'm so thankful that I can watch soapies. I started to watch One Life to Live some 35years ago. Oh that's so awful. I was on switchboard releif at the Board of Education in Hamilton, and as I was the only one on the late lunch, I got to watch T.V. it was a way to pass the 1hr. without eating the whole time. In those days I could have eaten and still have been thin. Then when my son was born he seemed to want to nurse forever, and the doctor told me to occupy myself otherwise to remain calm, so I started watching General Hospital. Well you know you can go for a month and not really miss anything. So every once in awhile when I'm totally dead, I watch and catch up. I tried to get my mother hooked but it was a no go. So if you call and I say I'm watching soapies you must know I'm physically and mentally unable to do anything other than laundry. Thank God we don't have to go down to the river to do that anymore. I can remember scheduling myself at the Robert Simpson Co. so I could watch Luke and Laura get married the first time, and I think I might have put the election proceedings on a hold to watch them do it again recently. Nuts eh!

1 comment:

Leslie Jane Moran said...

I started watching "General Hospital" in Princeton in the 60's. I left and spent 4 years in Switzerland where there was definitely no GH on t.v. When I returned to North America, there was Jessie wearing the same navy blue cardigan. Proving, you can always catch up!

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.