Saturday, June 14, 2008

Saturday Morning Rush

A number of years ago we were told that in the computer age things would be so fast that we would only need to work four days a week. Well for most of the work force that has not happened. We seem to do more and more all the time. We keep ourselves busy, we keep our kids busy and then when they grow up they keep us busy. Saturday morning use to be clean the house for moms and dad would cut grass, or do household repairs, kids would watch cartoons. Well I don't know about anyone else's house but that does not happen in my house, anymore. For years now my eldest son has had a job, and when he didn't he always had somewhere he needed to be. Now my youngest is off to work on Sat. morning, yes it's just a part time job but, my nest is getting emptier and emptier. My husband and I hustle around me making lunches, Andy driving them to jobs, or trains or something. But there is no such thing as a relaxing Saturday morning, or any morning anymore. We all sort of crash on Friday night from the school week, and then it's Saturday already. Where is our four day work week. I could go for a Ninja Turtle or Ghostbuster cartoon right about now. And a few little toy cars around the house, instead I have rearend coil sitting in my kitchen, for a full size vehicle. I've just finished empting the bumpers in my backyard of rain water, and I guess I'll have to drop a mosquito puck in so I don't get West Nile Virus. Yes Saturday Morning is a Rush, and so is every other day of the week. We could sure use an eighth day couldn't we. I think I might start a campaign. I shall be accepting suggestions for a name. How about Sloday? No stores would be open, no schools, and no one would be able to leave their homes. They would be forced to watch cartoons.



No comments:

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.