Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Teaser Tuesday... The Darkest Corner

I know it's Wednesday, but I had to post this for Teaser Tuesday.  I'm only just getting back to routine after this not long enough, not so hot summer.  I 've been waiting for my new glasses, so reading has become a "not so much " pastime.  But, today was sunny, and as it happens the library notice came in that my book request has been granted.  I'm reading, The Darkest Corner, Liliana Hart, a recommendation by Nise.   

And, I'm not very far into it, but this line I had to share

She was who she was, and what she wasn't was the kind of woman to make heads turn when she walked into a room.  Except when she'd gone to a wedding reception with the back of her dress tucked into her underwear. 

Has this ever happened to you?

It has to me, not so much that I tucked my dress into my underwear, as my dress was short and had one of those tulle underskirts which make them stick out and I sat down, without tucking the dress under my buttt, so my "pantyhose clad" butt was on the bare chair.  While it was a refreshing cool feeling, I looked around quickly to see if anyone had spotted my exposure.  I'm sure they had, but were too shocked to respond. It quickly adjusted  myself and that was that.
 Happy Readin.

 

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Love the quote, and the story of your dress mishap :)

Jenny said...

Haaahaha, that's quite a visual, dear Irene. I don't think it's ever happened to me but I did lose my half-slip once when standing in a checkout line. Most embarrassing. xoxo

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.