Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Teaser Tuesday...


Welcome to Teaser Tuesday, the weekly Meme that wants you to add books to your TBR, or just share what you are currently reading. It is very easy to play along:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! Everyone loves Teaser Tuesday.

from Dead Cold, Louise Penny

Had CC de Poitiers known she was going to be murdered she might have bought her husband, Richard, a Christmas gift.  She might even have gone to her daughter's end of term pageant at Miss Edwards's School for Girls, or 'girth' as CC liked to tease her expansive daughter. Had CC de Poitiers know the end was near she might have been at work instead of in the cheapest room the Ritz in Montreal had to offer.

I'm still reading Dead Cold, no reflection on the book,. Just when I'm not feeling well, I can't seem to focus on a book. AND I really love this opening paragraph. 

Hope your reading week is great, I'm sitting down today and finishing this book.

6 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I know what you mean about not being able to focus. I hope you're back to normal soon.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Not reading much these days. Trying to complete the month by clearing out all we don't need. Will be following with your reads though.

Nise' said...

Just started this series and look forward to the next book.

Vicki said...

I just started In Good Company by Carol Burnett and it's bringing me out of the reading slump I've been in.

I hope you're better soon.

Jenny said...

Good idea, dear Irene: take a break. I ordered a few books from Amazon and when they come I shall follow your excellent example. xoxo

Margaret @ BooksPlease said...

Happy New Year! I'm sorry you're not feeling well and hope you get better soon. I like that opening too.

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.